Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ohhh Mexico! (from Greg)

James Taylor sang a song that said "Ohh Mexico, never really been but I’d sure like to go." That was my song till last week. I’ve actually been to a few tourist spots there but this trip was the first to really experience the country and culture. Everything about the trip met or exceeded expectations.
At church Sunday Randy said the Mexico experience in Aztec country has everything to offer you’ll find in our other international projects. I agree; everything except the cost. What a bargain for $250! Cool culture, beautiful faces, breath-taking scenery and the unmistakable presence of God at work in the lives of the people there.
All of our international projects are the result of a partnership with people there on the ground. In Mexico, it’s the Bread of Life Mission. I finally got to put faces with names I’d heard for years like David, Oscar & Juan. These guys have built relationships over the years with village leaders in the state of Hidalgo. As a result the effectiveness of our teams’ work increases each year. Last week we were privileged to see a whole village tilt away from darkness toward the light of Jesus – all because of loving relationships built over time in the face of constant persecution.
I want you to hear that story. So mark your calendar for Friday, May 15th, and plan on coming to the Mexico Party. You may even decide (like me and James Taylor) you’d like to go to Mexico too. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment